Thursday, April 17, 2014

Inspiration

              I've been feeling uninspired lately.  Not wanting to paint or create anything.  I needed something to spark my interest.  Last month a friend invited me and my mom to take a workshop at The Mermaid Art Studio in Long Beach.  It was something new and exciting, so we went.  For this workshop we started making our own art journals.  The studio provided materials for us to bind them ourselves.  I started by pasting decorative paper on the front and back.  Then I bound my book.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to do first. I started with a color that I liked and painted a page. Before I knew it I was using stamps and paint pens.  I didn't want to stop creating.  The beauty of this class was that it opened up my desire to create again.
                Since the workshop I've done several pages and used new mediums.  The best thing about art journals is you just keep working on it.  I leave it near my art materials, so whenever I feel inspiration hit I start working on it.  Everything I love and everything I'm thinking I put into my journal.  It can really help with working out your thoughts or worries.  As a result you get a beautiful piece of art to share with others or keep for yourself.  I encourage everyone to start an art journal.  Especially if you're having a creative block.  For inspiration here is an example of mine.  



              I placed an envelope on the inside cover and put a letter to "my future self" inside. This is a good way to reflect later on. Almost like a time capsule. It can also be therapeutic.

Happy Journaling,
Nicole Joliada 

No comments:

Post a Comment