Thursday, April 24, 2014

Today's Tiny Wins!

              I feel as if I don't always know how to be myself. When I'm home, away from my other responsibilities I have the freedom to be me.  It's like a weight has been lifted and I get to express myself.  Whether I'm reading, creating, bike riding or just relaxing, I feel centered.  I came to the conclusion I'm not good with stress. I don't freak out or anything yet I do get very anxious. My mind is constantly racing thinking of all the things I have to do.  Today after work I was able to take a bike ride to a local coffee shop.  I sat for about an hour and a half.  I was supposed to be writing a paper for school (don't worry its not due until next week).  Instead I ordered my small iced coffee and anise almond biscotti.  I sat and listened to music.  I searched for new bands downloaded a bunch of new songs.  When the coffee shop was closing i packed up my things and rode home.  I then walked around the corner and ordered a brick oven pizza for me and mom.  She met me there and we had a nice dinner and conversation.  I felt happy.  I felt normal.  These are the days I love and feel like myself again.
              I came across an article today, "20 things to start doing in your relationships".  I think this is a great list, not only for your relationships with others but with yourself.  Before I even saw this list I've continually reminded myself of several of these points.  Especially the part of staying away from negative people.  I feel in the chaos of everyday life its hard to always remind yourself of who you want to be.  After reading this it reassured me of who i want to be.  I believe if I can remind myself daily to be kind to others, not to sweat the small stuff, and to keep positive.  Then eventually I won't have to remind myself and it will become second nature.  So staying on the positive theme lets celebrate:

Today's tiny wins!
new elephantz bracelet! (only $1 at 7-11)
iced coffee made to perfection!












           AND made an awesome new playlist on YouTube!


Yay to the tiny wins!
Nicole Joliada

No comments:

Post a Comment